Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #675
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89399
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 danyall2010 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I am getting a Ford Engineer to look at my car next week. I have 6,800 miles on the car and still get quite a bit of grinding. The dealer claimed I have the all the updates and there is nothing they can do. How can that be when I bought the car on 7/31 (that was built 5/16 or 5/17)? I hope for a positive answer and solution from the Engineer, when I see him/her next week.

I hate being a thread pooper but why did many people who requested updates got one? I came in prepared with the articles, especially the one from Motor Trend. Quite a number of people stated that they were able to get the TSB update with no questions asked. I even PM'd a person about it, in addition to asking numerous questions on this board. Does it have something to do with me personally? I am very polite and friendly and tried to the best of my ability to explain things. I'll admit to being a little nervous at the meeting with the service adviser.

Be it as it may, I hold confidence that Ford will do the right thing in the end. I am not giving up the ghost and will keep on fighting for what I know is right!

The dealer seems is attempting to do something (like calling Ford Corporate to get an Engineer here) and I praise them for that, but I came out feeling uneasy how it became a big fight for me and not for others. I want to wish those who have the upgrades very well and I hope that you enjoy your transformed car. I followed all the transmission threads and it had very positive reviews.

If you see many of the posts, I praised the Ford Focus as a big step up for Ford. The fact that the car is winning many awards and recognitions is a testament to the fact how the company is willing to put past mistakes behind it and coming out ahead in the end. I praise Ford for fixing the MFT problem and will ship out the tools necessary to do the upgrade and I look forward to it, as many of the people here (who have it) are. I consider myself a Focus Fanatic and, like others, want the car to succeed in this very competitive marketplace.

What are your thoughts?