Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 04:49 PM   #673
MurphyPeoples
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92727
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 MurphyPeoples Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hello MurphyPeoples,

First, I want to apologize for the service you received. This is not acceptable treatment and we take this very seriously. The service you received will be documented and escalated to the appropriate personal for review.

When an owner experiences issues with their vehicle and post these issues on the forum, we reach out to them in the hopes of providing them further assistance, with an end result of resolving the issue as best as possible. This is why we request certain information via PM and forward that information to the Customer Service Manager. I, as well as my co-workers, provide the exact verbiage to the CSM to avoid confusion since we are not trained technicians. The information provided to the CSM is accessible by the dealer, however, I would like for you to be aware, in no way, shape, form or manner do I email any information directly to the dealer.

Again, I want to apologize for your treatment. The intended outcome was not to make you look bad to the dealer, but to make sure the dealer provides all the services possible to resolve the issue with the information provided. I hope you will still consider reaching out to us via the forum and that the safe haven to air your concerns through it as well as at the dealership, will be restored to you.

Thank you,

Noemi
Thanks for the well thought out reply Noemi. As you know... I really didn't rant here. I simply posted that I was disappointed with my local Dealership service manager's original lack of care about the issue I was having with a car I had just purchased. In that post I didn't name the dealership nor the manager by name, intentionally. And here on the form I use an Alias. With that said I find it curious how he obtained my comments if they hadn't been forwarded to him directly by Ford folks here. But that's in the past, and I don't hold grudges.

For everyone else - I now have over 5,000 miles on my 2012 Titanium and the transmission rattle is as strong as ever - if not a little louder. Owning this car is the epitome of having a love/hate relationship. I love everything about this car - except the transmission - which I out and out hate.

Having driven the car daily for work, I have managed to average 33 MPH consistently. So I can't be completely upset with the drivetrain. It's getting the job done despite the annoying sounds from the Tranny.

Having been told "these sounds are Normal" from my dealer service manager has not been confidence inspiring. When those rare moments occur when the rattling is loud enough to be heard over the radio, I have visions of the recall which must happen in the future. Until then, I suppose I'll simply grit my teeth at those moments, and thank goodness I bought the extended warranty.

Good Luck Fellow Brother and Sister 2012 Focus owners. Keep posting and let's see where this issue leads in the end.
Murphy