Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88961
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 RDJTX Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi RDJTX,

Send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, personal and dealer contact info and I will the remote start installation concern to the regional Customer Service Manager. My fellow co-worker Jacklyn will be more than happy to address any MyFordTouch and SYNC questions. Her handle is: FordIVTteam. Shot her a PM when you have a chance.
Noemi
thanks but I went up to the dealer yesterday and they were just finishing up on my car LOL! I think they were having issues with the install and the tech was just too prideful to ask for help from Ford. Had he not gotten it done yesterday I would indeed be sending Pms to you and Jacklyn. You guys Rock !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
I was encouraged by your acknowledgment that Ford is aware of the problem. Until I saw the solution was to further educate Focus owners about transmission technology. If Ford thinks this is an issue because we owners don't know what to expect, it's a hopeless situation. Ford released a product before it was ready - no amount of owner education is going to solve that.
Dan, The problems are with the early releases of the transmissions I think. I have seen very few of us with later releases that are having issues. But i think you misread the solution. More customer education is PART of the solution, not the entire solution. and more education of the buyers is necessary because of the uniqueness of the tranny namely in regards to the shudder. those of you having super hard shifts, grinding and what not are certainly having issues that further education of the consumers is not going to fix and ford need to impliment either a buy back or full replacement of the early tranny's with newer ones IMHO