jbird1955
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48235
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 jbird1955 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick W View Post
MFT is way too big to have been written by one person. Not using the graphics hardware was not a "mistake". It was certainly a design choice forced on the developers by time and money, either before they started or before they finished. As with many engineering decisions, the "time to market" schedule and its end dates force lots of compromises in software development. (Even more of them as the date nears and the product isn't on schedule.) Anbody who's worked in software development has been there, done that, or had to clean up or refactor after somebody else who was. You can bet that the coming "performance upgrade" code was in development before the first car with the present code rolled out of a showroom.
Having worked for DEC and now another tech firm I understand what you're saying but to me it's more of an MS issue and they're not applying the labor to understand the product. Or, here's a thought, it's Ford not explaining to MS what they have for them to work with. Not like they have a communication issue already (like telling their dealers about the trans update).

Porting the OS to the hardware doesn't take all that long just requires time, money and upfront communication.

Making that leap or assumption, you'd think they'd learn by now.