Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 11:03 PM   #670
s&hford_owners
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90185
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 s&hford_owners Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ford bought our Focus back

Just giving an update on our Focus. We bought our car in July, build date is in May 2011. We probably had the car a few weeks total, the remaining time was at the dealer trying to get the tranny problem resolved. They made many attempts to repair it but it always had the same issue. Finally Ford agreed to Lemon Law our car and everything has been finalized.

We were very sad to lose the car. Ours was getting great gas mileage and was very confortable. We are not sure if we should keep an eye on this site and wait to replace it with another Focus. Hopefully they can get this resolved.

Please keep posting your build dates if you are having any issues. The inside door panel will give you the date. It's helpful not only to other owners but to Ford as well. Based on our experience, somehitng is wrong internally with the tranny. They did every update and kept replacing our clutches because they would burn up, and the car never stopped shuddering at low speeds.

Good luck to you others who are still having issues. I hope they get everything fixed soon. I'll be driving our little Fiesta everywhere for awhile...no problems with that but it is a manual!