FLYLOW
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 34077
What I Drive: Gen Coupe Rspec

FF Reputation: 4 FLYLOW Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyboy View Post
Awesome to hear it went well. Was a lot easier than you thought it was going to be huh?
It actually was, i mean if you know how to change brake pads & bleed brakes or install an intake manifold or something like that you could def do this. Its just a bunch of steps that need to be followed but can be found and printed on the net. It wasnt anything super special or hard like ive heard a few people say about the svt. Changing the turbo in my gc was def harder. Even though Sray did like 90% of the job i was just watching and learning. Tools, t55 is easier to find/buy than many think. First place i called had it, and the alignment tool can prob be made or borrowed easily. Its really nothing special, a flat piece of metal and a long screw for the bottom (shown in pics).

Car fax showed past owner complained about over heating but denied service at the dealer. We did noticed it prob had the head gasket replace and there were marking on the rockers

I would of still not recomend not kocking this out by urself. Def helps having a friend for an extra pair of hands and having an extra car to use during the install just in case u need to go out and buy something that is missing. I didnt plan on changing the acc belt or plugs but since we got those out why not put new ones anyways. Good chance to change to top mount too since it has to be remove and painting the valve cover can be done as well