Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - How well does your Focus drive in snow?
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #170
gkirk
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91903
What I Drive: 2012 C.Red Focus SE Sport Package

FF Reputation: 3 gkirk Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul21 View Post
The stock contis are aweful on 17" rims. I couldn't make it into a parking spot on a slight grade maybe 1%, and it took a long time to pull into the other spot with just a slight incline. Pulling out onto the highway is dangerous, the tires spin and spin, you can't steer the car while its doing this, the engine cuts power, and once there is traction its unpredictably slow to take off. The car is doing all it can, both tires attempt to pull the car, and the stability control keeps the back end from sliding around, but these tires are the worst I've ever used. The groves pack with snow and don't clean, the only way to get any bite is to turn trac control off and spin them fast enough to clear the snow from the treads. They also deform like old radials if I let the car sit overnight, the first mile or so is bumpy from the tires.
What is the exact model you have? I'm curious to look them up on tirerack.com. It seems like pretty much all the OEM car tires suck in the snow. Honestly, I'm surprised the manufacturers don't see it as a liability and sell something that is useful.