Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Blue Candy thread
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #73
Rogerschro
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90661
What I Drive: '12 FFE Frosted Glass

Points 876, Level 15
Points: 876, Level: 15 Points: 876, Level: 15 Points: 876, Level: 15
Level Up 76% Completed
Level up: 76% Level up: 76% Level up: 76%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 3 Rogerschro Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
Comforting?

I'm going nuts dealing with this crap. I bought a brand new car. I want it looking brand new when I get it back. No, I don't want mudwork, no filler, no bubbles in the paint, no chips, no nibs, no orange peel. I'm tired of the general incompetence I've had to deal with thus far; just GET IT RIGHT. If it required replacing the door skin, freakin' do it and stop wasting everyone's time!

I feel like I have to babysit the bodyshop through this whole process, because I keep picking apart everything they do due to all of the aforementioned things I've dealt with so far. The color match is about the ONLY good thing that's come my way since I left the car with them on the 4th of January.

Makes me wish I just kept my old car, which never went into the bodyshop for anything more than a bumper.
I hear ya. I had to wait TWO MONTHS on my blue.It was a hail storm for me, and between the shops being FULL of cars to be repaired and waiting on new panels and windshield, it took a LONG time. Interesting my body shop had NO problems with matching the paint though. I had to drive crappy rentals when I had never had to take a car in for repairs before in any of the cars I owned. And I only had my Focus for 6 days when it was damaged! Like you, I wanted a NEW car not a patched up new car, So I traded it in 5 min. after picking it up after the repairs. I lost $2000. in the transaction but it was worth it to get a new car. The body shop did do a fantastic job on the repair though. I would have kept the car if I couldn't get a better offer than the $2000 loss. Maybe you can check with your dealer on trading it for another? Just a thought. Luck!

Last edited by Rogerschro; 01-20-2012 at 08:22 AM. Reason: spelling