dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
[QUOTE=FordCustomerService;3973614]Hey Dan50,

Thanks for your comment and question.

Ford is keenly aware there are Focus owners experiencing issues with the transmission. This is why software updates can be obtain through the dealerships certified technicians and continual education of the transmission technology is provided to current and future Focus owners. If anyone has a transmission concern, myself and Natasha will be more than happy to provide the necessary assistance. However, we are unable to do so unless the requested info is provided, such as the VIN, current mileage, personal and dealer contact info. So if your Focus is not running smoothly, I'll be more than happy to contact the regional Customer Service Manager on your behalf.

As for the clutch, you are correct. The U.S uses the dry version, which does not require transmission fluid and therefore eliminates the need for a transmission oil cooler and internal oil pump.

Thanks for the offer Noemi, but I'll let my dealer take care of the problem. As soon as Ford figures out what to do, that is.

I was encouraged by your acknowledgment that Ford is aware of the problem. Until I saw the solution was to further educate Focus owners about transmission technology. If Ford thinks this is an issue because we owners don't know what to expect, it's a hopeless situation. Ford released a product before it was ready - no amount of owner education is going to solve that.