Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #662
boogerp
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93980
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SE hatch

FF Reputation: 1 boogerp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
I obviously can't comment about the way this dealer treats their customers, if they have a bad reputation - they likely have it for a reason. But you should know as well as I that the customer doesn't direct a tech's diagnosis and a vehicle that has a symptom mentioned in a TSB should still get a test drive and conventional diagnostics. Based on your post that's what it sounded like they wanted to do. Any dealer who just flashes the thing willy nilly per your request is a moron regardless of how happy that may make you. It's a poor business practice and against manufacturer policy guidelines. I'm willing to bet dealer A and dealer B are gonna do the exact same thing. Dealer A gave you a hard time about it. Dealer B said "sure pal bring it in we'll do what we do thanks for letting us know about a TSB we already know about". If this was an attitude issue, ignore my comments about the technical matters..
This was more of an attitude issue Grinder; basically a person who came from the old school that listened to the customer's concerns even if they weren't legitimate vs. the "I don't give a rat's ass about warranty work I want paying work" mentality. This same dealership is well known in two major car clubs for sporadic but mostly inferior workmanship in most cases. I did take my car to another dealer and yes they did drive my vehicle and I provided them with the information (and specific input on what I was feeling while driving). Hour and half later the car was re-calibrated and what a difference to the good. No shudders from traffic lights and it holds in gear longer when going uphill; even didn't need to apply much gas pedal backing up as before. Beforehand I was starting to regret getting the DCT, but now, not anymore... Now my question is why Ford couldn't get it right on the first time.....

Damn, no burnout smiley.....