Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Basic Bolt Ons: Cat back exhaust systems
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 09:22 PM   #117
gjm4l
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93287
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3 S

FF Reputation: 1 gjm4l Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjames1 View Post
I have a whistle tip lol it doesn't sound all that bad. I'll take it out when I get the exhaust modded.
Dude.... NO! If you have a piece of metal welded into the end of your exhaust to make it whistle, ridicule will commence sorry buddy As to your comment about cheap and the best, the old addage applies, you get what you pay for

Darkspork, That they did. I just remember it was even on the news in oakland and I nearly cried I was laughing so hard

Doomsday, cutouts are Y's welded into the exhaust after the header that allow the exhaust to be run through the muffler or basically straight piped for maximum flow/sound. They make them with everything from plates with wingnuts you can remove to a mechanical version where you pull a lever to open it up, they even make electric versions so you can push a button and it's loud as hell. This is very popular with ratrodders, hotrodders, drag racers so they can drive the vehicle on the street without violating noise ordinances (sp?) and still hear themselves think but once they get to the show or strip get max attention/noise and/or potentially max power by making it basically a header only system