dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visioned View Post
As much as I have gathered from this thread, the transmissions affected mainly were built before August of last year? My transmission only took 150 mile break in period to become super smooth but my build date was November-2011.

If I could document anything, its at slower speeds where the car acts like a manual transmission would when the clutch was not fully pressed (I.E., making the car put put along) but I am 99% sure this is normal and I do not feel anything is wrong.

Telling other people to look elsewhere at this point would be silly. If it were the earlier build dates I could understand but there is nothing wrong with the later cars.
My Focus was built in December. It has clutch chatter at launch when warm. Maybe this will go away with more miles. Maybe not. If it doesn't go away I have seen nothing that suggests Ford has a solution. You may have been lucky with your car but not everyone is. I know of no other contemporary automobile that regularly puts its owners in this "maybe it'll be OK, maybe not" situation. If you think this is a silly point of view, so be it.

If you like the Focus, I still think it's reasonable to wait for the 2013s when more of the first year bugs will be worked-out. Maybe by then they can also figure out how to keep dirt out the paint.

Look, the Focus is a nice car but bedeviled by more than its share of first year glitches. If I had it to do over again, I would wait. With the level of care put into the Focus launch, I can hardly wait to see how the new Fusion and Escape fare. Maybe new owners can be the beta testers for Eco-Boost this time.