dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert1966 View Post
My 2008 Nissan Altima lease is coming to an end this summer and I'm seriously considering the Focus in Titanium model. After reading a lot of posts with regards to transmission and my touch issues, I'm not so sure. So what I'd like to know is this: Have these two issues been rectified? The Focus has been out for almost a year now so I would appreciate any feedback. The last thing I want to do is sign up for a 3-4 year lease only to be dissatisfied with the car. I drive all day as I'm a rep. on the road so I really don't want to have to be dealing with problems by going to the dealership all the time.
I'd look elsewhere or wait. Despite Ford's efforts, there are too many owners (including me), that are scratching our heads about the DCT. If you want a car where you can wonder if the transmission will be all right, this is your car. If you just want a transmission that will just do its job, there are plenty of alternatives. Or wait for 2013 to see if there are improvements or if Ford abandons the technology.

Oh yeah, and while the Ford press release you were referred to says Ford uses the DCT technology worldwide be aware that the version we get in the US and Canada (dry clutch) is not the same as used in other places (wet clutch). In other words, we got the cheap one. Ford Customer Service, if this is wrong, just say so.