Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #631
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,284, Level 35
Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteCaspian View Post
Thanks Noemi, but short of a miracle there is nothing that Ford could do to win my favour again.
DanteCaspian,

They say miracles can happen, so you never know. I do thank you for being part of the Ford family. Take care and I look forward to hearing from you in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert1966 View Post
... I'm seriously considering the Focus in Titanium model. After reading a lot of posts with regards to transmission and my touch issues, I'm not so sure. So what I'd like to know is this: Have these two issues been rectified? The Focus has been out for almost a year now so I would appreciate any feedback. The last thing I want to do is sign up for a 3-4 year lease only to be dissatisfied with the car.
Hi Robert1966,

to the Forum!

Ford has striven to address transmission issues brought to our attention here on the forum as well as at the dealerships. Many of the concerns have been fixed with software updates and we're also doing a better job at explaining the new transmission technology to current and future Focus owners.

Here is some information about the Six-Speed PowerShift Automatic to help you make a decision. Continue to research the Focus and the current technology it's equipped with throughout the next several months. I have no doubt you'll be impressed with the Focus then as you are now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6769MOPARS View Post
Most of us love the DCT Powershift transmission and have had no problems with it.
We own a Titanium hatch built last August and there have really been no serious disappointments. We use MFT for Nav, phone, Sirius, etc. and have experienced no lock ups by the software. We think it is a great little car.
Hi 63769MOPARS,

Thanks for the props! I'm happy to hear of your great experience with your new Focus.

It's true, there are many happy owners who are not experiencing these issues with their Focus. However, we do work to address the concerns of those who do have them.

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply