Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - CFM 67mm throttle body
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 02:11 AM   #17
whimsicalpouch2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87978
What I Drive: 2002, black SVT focus

Points 4,736, Level 43
Points: 4,736, Level: 43 Points: 4,736, Level: 43 Points: 4,736, Level: 43
Level Up 93% Completed
Level up: 93% Level up: 93% Level up: 93%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 whimsicalpouch2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Nice! My goal is NOT to burn out however. My goal is to achieve maximum "get up and go" for what I am willing to put into it. How is the get up and go with this TB over stock? Whne pushing the peddal, is it still just a smooth press on it? Or does it become very stiff and hard to push down on?
well i don't usually burn out, but when i revv it like i did tonight, a quality tire spin is definitely possible. there was a big big difference and the get up is quite nice. the stock one was definitely slow at the acceleration. the new TB was pretty peppy, without being ridiculously sensitive. they say when you get a new TB, you need to go "re learn" your car....yeaaa no. i was totally comfortable with it right away. i definitely noticed the pickup tho. when in idle, you revv it with the old one, its a slower rev to get to higher rpms, with the new, it gets there pretty quickly. it definitely didn't feel stiff or hard to push down. the pedal felt pretty similar from before, but you just don't have to press down as much. it was an improvement indeed. you will be pleased with the results..along as you put it in right =D.

#586 of #4788