Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #630
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert1966 View Post
My 2008 Nissan Altima lease is coming to an end this summer and I'm seriously considering the Focus in Titanium model. After reading a lot of posts with regards to transmission and my touch issues, I'm not so sure. So what I'd like to know is this: Have these two issues been rectified? The Focus has been out for almost a year now so I would appreciate any feedback. The last thing I want to do is sign up for a 3-4 year lease only to be dissatisfied with the car. I drive all day as I'm a rep. on the road so I really don't want to have to be dealing with problems by going to the dealership all the time.

Most of us love the DCT Powershift transmission and have had no problems with it.

As far as the MFT is concerned there is a software update coming out soon. If you are still concerned, wait a month of two and then try out a recently built Focus. Since your lease is up this summer, the wait should work really well for you.

We own a Titanium hatch built last August and there have really been no serious disappointments. We use MFT for Nav, phone, Sirius, etc. and have experienced no lock ups by the software. We think it is a great little car.