Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - How To: Change SVT Gauge Color
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 10:38 AM   #78
GhettoRdneck
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93265
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVT ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 GhettoRdneck Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan197man View Post
those tiny bulbs burnout easily in a gauge console; with just speedometer you have 3 lightbulbs with a tach there are 5 light bulbs = those tiny bulbs are $4 each at local auto parts places
remove gauge console from dash - work slowly so you dont crack any of the plastic dash pieces
there are tiny grey light-bulb-pods that turn into -screw- 1/4 turn into the white framework of the gauge console - my hands are too huge so I used a small needle nose plyer to twist and remove the tiny lightbulbpods ; then another needlenose plyer to grasp the bulb and pull from the grey pod = take the bulb with you to the store to match up there are probably 2million different sizes to choose from and not interchangable
have seen led style bulbs for these on ebay and other internet sights but there is the delivery time , there are even colored led for the dash maybe an alternative to rebuilding the entire dash gauge console = just switch to colored leds ???
I am sure that some 20something arrogant pos will now chew me out for giving this advice cause it isnt in line with his supreme knowledge
just check for yourself and change your own bulbs
goodluck D
oh nice, yeah ill have to check that out but unfortunately wont be able to work on it until the weather changes around here. its so cold that i dont want to be twerking on the gauge cluster at all cuz it would prolly crack but when i get a chance when the weather changes ill take it apart and let people know if it worked and try to get some before and after pictures. thanks man