Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #389
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

Points 2,925, Level 33
Points: 2,925, Level: 33 Points: 2,925, Level: 33 Points: 2,925, Level: 33
Level Up 17% Completed
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 12 dan50 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eat2sleep View Post
Hi guys,

Has anyone get any idea that TBS thing only apply to US? Because I bought a 2012 focus in September, I wondering my car need to do the software update or not. Cheers.
I suspect your Focus may be closer to the European than the North American version. If that's the case, I think your DCT may also be different than ours, having a wet as opposed to dry clutch and hydraulic vs. electric-powered gear changes. If that's true, the TSB we go on and on about here would have no relevance to you.

On the plus side, the Europe DCT seems to be the better component, with greater torque capacity (for diesels I guess) and fewer complaints.

If you're really curious, take a look at the Getrag website. They have photos of their transmissions - the North American Focus version is the fwd/transverse mounted one with the dry clutches and lowest torque capacity. It has some distinctive features you can see looking in the engine compartment so it should be possible to determine if this is the model you have.