Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 Focus - Aftermarket Stereo possibilities.
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #116
herbz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84909
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch 5MT Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 1 herbz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gootman View Post
Wow, having trouble posting pics. Well anyways for those who bought the double din from the dutch ebay to make the steering wheel controls work with your set all you have to do is disconnect the connection from the time/ date screen and connect that connection to the acv adapter and the connection that came with the acv adapter connects to the time/date set. you will need to cut the yellow and black wires (acv adapter) to tap to the ones from the vehicle. Voila! steering controls work.

Sorry if this makes no sense but cant figure out how to post pics.
I took a closer look at the adapter to see what you were talking about with the yellow and black wires. Basically the acv harness has all the wires that should go to the aftermarket stereo routed into a euro type connector. The wires should but cut to get rid of these connectors. But if you look at the connectors closely you'll see the yellow wire you're talking about tied in with a couple of other yellow wires. When you cut the connector off these wires will no longer be tied together. You need to keep them tied together. No splicing of factory wires necessary, as long as you keep the wires together the steering wheel control should derive its power/gnd from the other wires in the circuit, not from the car. Hope that makes sense but my installer seemed to get it. Hopefully Saturday I'll be able to post some pics as I get my car back tmrw night