Old 01-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #6
Jdog913

Fan#: 84424
What I Drive: .

FF Reputation: 3 Jdog913 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttime4four View Post
I was very tempted to get a "Blend Mount" for my V1, but I realized it wouldn't work on my '12 Titanium. Perhaps the other spec cars have a compatible mirror.

Link to website --> BlendMount. Their "mirror tap" also looks very ingenious. I would totally use it if my vehicle allowed.

Here's a link to my V1 install on my other vehicle.

Good luck with your install and I look forward to seeing your results.
Nice install! I was also would like the blend mount but why won't it work on your vehicle? Do you have an auto dimming mirror?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlankerDFR View Post
I've had a V 1 since the around 2000-2001. They've certainly been the best radar detectors I've ever owned. Saved me I don't know how many tickets over the years.

My nit pics with them are the incredibly dumb LED indicators for full, partial, and least sensitivity..........instead of having something logical like 1, 2, and 3, or A, B, and C.................you get the idea. The other thing is the incredibly tiny letters next to the radar/laser band indicator LEDs. DUDE! No one has 20/10 vision! Why not have LED or illuminated LCDs that clearly show X, K, Ka, or L?!

Thought about a direct hidden hot line like you've done, many many times in the past. Never got around to it. Nice job on yours though! maybe when I get home next.
Haha I hear you. I already memorized the order they are in from bottom to top (X, K, Ka and L). It would be nice to have a display that clearly read out what band it was on. But oh well, I still like it.