View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 09:14 PM   #42
Ninjaserver
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89197
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Metallic Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Ninjaserver Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Just an update. The DRL's are on. They are awesome looking, a great match (the glossy at least) and seem like a very well made product. One point for all those discussing their rather steep price. The new insert you get is actually nicer looking and more appropriate for the car that the OEM ones even without the lights. If you look the current gloss ones have a backing in the bottom few slats that's is just cheat, matte, black plastic and ditracts from the gloss on the rest. The echomaster product is 100% gloss top to bottom, front to back. Putting them on was super easy save one step. (removing the old pieces) Here's my tips for anyone else going at this.
1) Taking off the old pieces was quite hard and as "TheOS2" said best done with a credit card or similar to save your paint. I would add however that the clips ARE NOT deeply recessed and also don't require near as much to remove as I thought. Problem was I was going in too far trying to pry. So, just a bit in and try is my advice.
2)"TheOS2" had said that the black piece would not come up to run the wiring through and used a coat hanger to feed the wire. I am not sure but on my car the four pop tabs came right out, and the piece lifted right up and laying the wire down was effortless.
3)I also used a connector and tapped in to wire 12. I believe their instructions were designed to nullify your current DRL's and just use the new LED"s

I also installed my lights at night, and I know the auto lighting in the Ford works in mysterious ways. I however did not see any signs that my new LED DRLS were dimming. They seemed one intensity.

As a side note in the kit they sent was a 3 amp fuse. That was not seeming to be necessary. Anyone know what this was for. I put it in anyway.
Thanks

Last edited by Ninjaserver; 01-11-2012 at 06:09 AM.