Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Long Crank/Hard Start 2.0L And 2.3L Engine With MTX-75 Transaxle Bulletin
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 04:22 PM   #103
schmagma
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93711
What I Drive: 2005 Pitch Black ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 1 schmagma Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
wow I can't believe this thread is still running. I have been lurking for awhile with an account that couldn't post but here I am.

I have read the whole thread and it sounds like the jury is still out as to whether or not the ecu flash is fixing this.
I have 65k no problems so nothing swapped. and everything runs great aside of this blasted starting issue.
I learned early about letting the fuel system pressurize(turn the key on for a couple seconds then start)
but this doesn't seem to really be doing the trick anymore. I do that, I will crank for a couple moments, generally get a sputter and die. crank again and idle is very eratic (it wants to die) untill I blip the throttle a little then everything smooths out and is good.
this usually happens if I go across town or something short that it warms up then I shut her down. if I hit the interstate for awhile it doesn't seem to occur. the first start of the day is just fine. this has gotten from occasional to nearly constant.

so is the ecu really fixing this for most. with my car now being out of warranty being there is a tsb on this you think the ford garage would flash for free (doubtful that is why I would like to know if this is working well for most.)

thanks all