Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Weathertech vs OEM vs other floor mats
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #28
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRM707 View Post
I think the Huskys' look like shiny plastic. I bought the Weathertechs,

& like them better, but it's all just what you like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocleader View Post
I bought the Husky's and was surprised at how thin they are. Time will tell if they are long lasting or not .. I'm hopeful
The Huskys are shiny and when I took them out of the box I was really worried that they were going to be slick and my shoes would be slipping everywhere. Fortunately, the grip is great. Wet or dry, my shoes stay in place so the appearance is misleading. Also, that smooth shiny non-textured surface is really, really easy to clean. Just wipe it down with a wet cloth, no texture means there is nothing for crap to get trapped in.

Totally agree with nocleader that they do appear thin but if you flex them around a bit, flex some of the edges, etc. it does appear to be a quite strong material. In contrast, I have the OEM cargo liner and while it is thicker, it does feel as if it would be a lot easier to tear. I've had my Huskys in for about three months now and really like them.