Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Post your Ingot Silver Pics!
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 11:37 PM   #24
Triborough
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92479
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 Triborough Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
[QUOTE=TitaniumD;3958329]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triborough View Post
I am a photographer, so it only stands to reason I have pictures of the car!
There will be more photos here in the future.

2012 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback by Triborough, on Flickr

Wow... It has been a long time since I saw one of those blue NJ license plates. It looks brand new. I had one like that on my first car. How did you manage to keep it so nice and register it?
I actually stuck those on the car for photos. It was easier than photoshopping out the plates.

I am told that it is sort of kosher to get an old pair of buff on blue plates, register the number as a vanity and instead of putting the shiny new reflective plates on the car, you put the buff on blue plates since they have the same number and all NJ plate types issued from 1959 are still valid. Of course you say nothing to the MVC about this. Note: this does not contain any advice on registering your vehicle and is offered for informational purposes only.

I saw a set of 1970s vintage black on buff plates on a new car yesterday on the Parkway. They were either the plates the owner was issued way back when or they did the above procedure.