Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Anyone race their 2012 yet...
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 02:16 PM   #23
st falcon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92343
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy HATCH SEL

FF Reputation: 3 st falcon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeywhat View Post
Automatic or manual? I found with the auto, the 'select shift' mode allows you to keep the RPM's at 2500-ish RPM with the break pressed firmly. Basically brake torquing except there's there's no torque converter.

If you do it right you can get a bit of wheel spin when launching. I've only done it a handful of times and it's difficult to get just right. I found just flooring it and letting the RPM's sit at the 2500 mark then letting off the brake doesn't always work well.

In either event...that should help with times. I know mine is painfully slow at lower RPM's, but makes good power up high. I'm hoping for some basic bolt ons or a tune will help with the low end.
Since the DCT disengages the clutch when the brake pedal is depressed, you should be able to rev it to the dis engaged rev limiter, then quick release the brake, re-engaging the clutch(es)...kind if like an automatic's powerbrake combined with a manual clutch-dump..

1996 Bronco XLT 351W
Cant wait for Summer when I pop the top!!