Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Houston First Event Jan 2012, also have a question
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #1
tukaniSVT
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST

Fan#: 5521
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus 2008 Edge SEL

FF Reputation: 34 tukaniSVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Houston First Event Jan 2012, also have a question

Well, today was our first event in Houston, TX and yesterday we actually had our regional championship. Pretty fun, ran both days.

For today, we had 88 entries and was able to run 5 times. we usually do 4 in our region.

STF will be lonely for at least month or 2, but it will fill up here in the Spring and Summer.

This photographer was their and took some photos. Thanked him, since I didn't bring along my SLR.

My question, What do you guys recommend on fixing the back end pulling out?
I have adjustable KYB Shocks paired with H&R Race Springs and also have Adjustable Toe set at +1.0 degree.
My back end came out super easy, but way too easy as well. Felt I understeered a bit too much around corners.

I played with my settings on the shocks, but just didn't get it right to me.

Should I stiffen the front and soften the back to best return the understeer? Or vice versa?

Thanks.

-Ray-

Oh and here are the photos from the day.

Oh yeah, taking a cone for a ride ... btw, I didn't hit any cones for time ... that was a pointer cone. hehehe

Hatch Nation Member: #147

TeamFocalize Head Honcho

R.I.P - FELLOW FF MEMBER, IZZY, BLK2k3GTS, will always be remembered. We will compete on a different course again one day.

OFFICIAL FOCUSFEST PHOTOS POSTED:CLICKY HERE TO SEE THE AREA OF PHOTOS