Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 02fordsvt Build/Mod/Random Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 08:10 AM   #83
02fordsvt
Meh.

Fan#: 84654
What I Drive: 2002 SVT, 2001 SE (Rusty)

Points 55,738, Level 100
Points: 55,738, Level: 100 Points: 55,738, Level: 100 Points: 55,738, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 49 02fordsvt Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
I used 3/4" Birch Plywood.

That said, I did a little more research on the subject of Birch plywood vs. MDF to try to get an answer, and I still don't really know which is better. Many of the forum threads (not on FF.com) that I found come to the conclusion that Birch plywood is better than MDF in almost every way. Then I find threads that say the MDF is way better than birch plywood and that any plywood should be avoided. I already have mine built so the subject of which is better doesn't really effect me anymore, but if someone asks which is better, I still have no idea.

The real reason I used the wood I did was because it was what I had and it didn't cost me a thing. If I had to go out and buy the wood, I probably would have gone with MDF or solid birch board. Furthermore, for me, this whole subject of what is better is like going to a restaurant and only judging it on the forks. There are a lot more important thing to me than the subwoofer and the system I have blows away the stock (non-subwoofer) system I used to have. It may not be solid silver but it sure beats plastic forks.

Now that that's out of the way, it's time to was my car again. I cleaned it yesterday but now it is completely covered in mud splotches and road crap. I hate melting snow.
Hatch Nation #13 : Rally Revolution #13 : ROTM Jan '13
It's Bryan, not Brian
RSVT-170 Build in Progress
Derusting Rusty Build in Progress