Old 01-08-2012, 01:23 AM   #610
Obiwang
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93615
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Obiwang Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Same Problems with Shifting and Rattling

I desperately want to love my new 2012 Focus, but I'm having the same problems as other posters in this forum.

The car now has ~1100mi on it, and it's having the strange shifting timing issues, lack of acceleration at times, and the grinding/rattling noise immediately after shifting at low gears.

Sometimes on quicker accelerations, it feels like it revs well beyond the point where it should have shifted, with an accompanying lack of power. Then, it lurches after finding the next gear, and sometimes even seems to switch the next higher gear almost immediately (double lurch).

The rattling/grinding noise around the front left was not noticeable for the first 800 or so miles on the car, but now I hear it when shifting out of 1st into 2nd, and maybe from 2nd into 3rd. It only lasts briefly, but it's not a sound I want a new car making.

It's not all complaints - at higher gears the car is a smooth ride, has good handling, and buttery smooth shifting.

I will PM the info to Natasha/Noemi to see if they can proactively get me some help at my dealership before I go there. I'm worried that this terrible dealership will waste as much of my time on the repair as they did on their shamefully botched attempt at swindling me into buying a car that I did not want (another story for another time - I ended up purchasing from another dealership), but they are the nearest to me and hopefully their service is more respectable than their sales. I don't want to go there only to have them tell me that it's normal or that I just need to wait.