Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #608
rm16e01
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93606
What I Drive: 2012, Gray, Focus

FF Reputation: 1 rm16e01 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I just wanted to let Focus owner know to beware of front end collisions, I bought a 2012 ford focus back in the beginning of May, I really did love the drive and feel of the car, however a week ago I ran into a median that was the size of a curb, I was going no more then 10mph as a result the engine mounts broke and the engine came off the car. My insurance company is now going to total the car and I have to worry about trying to buy a new one and possibly having to pay more money, for a different car. If I had known that hitting a curb would cause the engine to pop out of a basically brand new car, I would have never bought it. I also contacted Ford customer service and they basically told me thank you for the information, but sense it was an accident there is nothing they could do. I probably should have listen to my wife about getting a Ford, but I thought they had improved their cars