Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Strange front end high/low wobble/humming sound
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #41
jimmyt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90069
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus titanium

FF Reputation: 1 jimmyt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Natasha, is this true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hey cbaldree,

Please PM me your info (VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state) and I'll escalate your issue.

Thanks!

~Natasha
is this true? This is what I sent my dealership Service manager Chirs Robinson. Please contact him and get this problem solved.

Chris below is problem solved. Why have you not called FORD to get this done? Do I need to talk with another dealership or the owner of the one you work with? I now have over 11,800 and the wheel noise problem is still there as reported at 3,300 miles.

QUOTE=Elantra2012;3950951]Dear Natasha,

The info you gave jimmyt is totally false. I do not say you made it up, but who ever provided this info sure did. The cause of this problem, the solution and the parts have been available since at least August 2011.But for some unknown reasons, only a few dealerships have been made aware of it. The TSB updates have never been released, even if the solution is relatively cheap (under 400$), Ford engineers are hiding the info about the new bearings. So far, only two people on this forum with the same problem ,got it fixed: sir and myself(use to be Boaster).Not sure how sirhawkeye's dealership got the info ,but for mine I simple harassed the sh.t out of the service department of my dealership until they started asking questions and finally got the same answer I got from here in August. It nearly cost 6000$ of unnecessary repairs for a 400$ fix to a problem that should have been caught on the quality control inspection.

Natasha, what my wife and I want to know is WHEN will this noise be fixed and gone!! We have patiently waited over 28 weeks over 1/2 year for FORD to fix this. We have to drive over 70 MPH, which is illegal or under 50 MPH to not hear this hypnotic noise. Try driving under 50 MPH on the interstate!! Does FORD care or not?