Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Daytime running lights (DRL)
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #47
Rat Fink
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92487
What I Drive: Ford, and vintage Dodge

FF Reputation: 6 Rat Fink Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLahey View Post
My question is - why wouldn't you want DRLs, especially in the winter? Aside from that, if you get caught without DRLs in Canada, you could end up with a not-so-mysterious ticket.
I didn't mean I'm going to see if I can turn mine off. I wrote what I did to bring some clarification as to whether they can be enabled for people who have theirs disabled. (cars from the US, etc.).

In the case of the mysteriously disappearing foglights, these were vehicles that didn't deserve to have aftermarket monkey-crap DRL modules installed. Instead, the drivers move their left hand 6 inches from the steering wheel and turn this crazy thing called a headlight switch to something they call an "on" position when driving.

I turn all my lights on when I drive at all times (even during the day).....a little habit I picked up from when I was longhaul trucking. Even if it wasn't a law in Canada I would still do so.

I found the worst State in the US for driving around with the lights off was North Dakota. Either they drive around with no lights or they drive around with highbeams. I just couldn't understand it.