Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - ZETEC Engine stumble - SOLVED
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2004, 10:38 PM   #49
InfraredZTW
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15867
What I Drive: 2002 Infra-Red ZTW

FF Reputation: 1 InfraredZTW Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Grrr.
I tried...The two torx screws on top of the maf are "secure"-torx with an extra pin in the center and after fiddling with a series of drivers for a while i got mad and took the intake pipe out, then found two regular torx on the side of the MAF assy and took the full maf assy out.
the resistor-like wires were one high and in the front and one low and in the back, the one in the back was (i would say a little corroded) darker and due to a lack of iso-prop alcohol i cleaned them with a drop of water.It didn't seem to do much to the darker wire and i managed to get some cotton stuck in the 4 pins that hold the wires(darn).
I cleaned everything and reinstalled.
It seems that the idle is better (5% better) i would say but only after the engine is heated.
I used the test mode and the rpm goes from 670 to 720 at hot idle with no accessories on.
When the flickering issue goes on the rpm goes down at least 50.
I also checked the PCV hose with my hand and it feels pretty firm.Could it still be broken ?
Anyway.
Ideas?