Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Strange front end high/low wobble/humming sound
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 09:18 PM   #39
jimmyt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90069
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus titanium

FF Reputation: 1 jimmyt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elantra2012 View Post
Dear Natasha,

The info you gave jimmyt is totally false.I don't say you made it up ,but who ever provided this info sure did.The cause of this problem,the solution and the parts have been available since at least August 2011.But for some unknown reasons,only a few dealerships have been made aware of it.The TSB updates have never been released ,even if the solution is relatively cheap(under 400$),Ford engineers are hidind the info about the new bearings.So far,only two people on this forum with the same problem ,got it fixed: sirhawkeye and myself(use to be Beepster).Not sure how sirhawkeye's dealership got the info ,but for mine I simple harassed the sh..t out of the service department of my dealership until they started asking questions and finally got the same answer I got from here in August.It nearly cost 6000$ of unnecessary repairs for a 400$ fix to a problem that should have been caught on the quality control inspection.
I now own a 2012 Elantra totally flawless.The second I got the complete paperwork,the dealership gave a copy of the Hyundai quality control inspection sheet.Under "Road Test",you can read:Perform a minimum of 10km of combined city and highway driving and "Check for squeaks , rattles , vibrations,wind noise,ect." If Ford employees would have performed this simple little step ,I would have saved myself a 20 week nightmare and 6000$.

As for jimmyt,I already told you what to do.Call your dealership,tell them to call Ford US or simply to order the new bearings that are the same numbers as the other ones.If they refuse,call many times a week until they do.It sucks but this is the only way I got the car serviceable enough to get did of it.
Good luck
I have been after the dealerrship and FORD CS both who pass the buck to the other. My lemons are on the doors which say, "Ask me before you buy"