Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Poll: What does everyone use to wash their cars with?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #166
st falcon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92343
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy HATCH SEL

FF Reputation: 3 st falcon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I use a microfibre towel that has a couple hundred "fingers" that are covered in microfiber. To avoid swirl from particles caught in it, I first hit the dry mit numerous times to try to knock them out of the mit. Then, I spray it off with a high speed water jet, while holding it, so it doesnt pick up more particles laying somewhere. I will then spray off the car with the high speed water jet to try and remove the particles on the car, so I dont pick them up and swirl them around with the mit. Pretty obvious stuff, I know, but I used the same mit and technique on my BLACK 06 stang, and saw no swirling. The two bucket technique is also a must to prevent swirls, but even then, if something gets in the mit while its wet, ur done, all you can do is spray it off for a few minutes and hope. Or just buy a candy blue metallic focus, and it wont be so noticeable.

In the winter, I use a touchless wash a couple blocks away, then drive home, and dry it in the garage...the wheels are a pain for break dust in the winter tho, and I still have to get out there with a sponge/brush to really get it off...

1996 Bronco XLT 351W
Cant wait for Summer when I pop the top!!