klodkrawler05
Sooooooooooo EURO

Fan#: 47771
What I Drive: BMW's

FF Reputation: 26 klodkrawler05 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjdwales View Post
Brad i think ur friend is just lucky. Friends and money usually never ends well :(

That being said im trying to convince my buddy to move bk here and pay rent at a house i own. There will definately be a contract if that happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aku View Post
Roommates don't really bother me much.. then again i've just been renting places.. I'm sure if it was my house and people were living there I'd end up thinking different.. I'd want things done how i'd want it done and people would prolly end up thinking I have ocd or something lol
indeed, he's lucky and the situation works out pretty well for all involved. all of the roomies are people he's known for quite some time and they are all pretty responsible with money. Its a unique mix of people for sure. I'm surprised its worked out so well.

1 of 4 of them works early like i do and gets out early.
2 of them work 8-5 type shifts
1 of them works 2nd shift

I think the things that help the situation are 1:
they have written contracts and stick to them mercilessly. late on rent? pay a late fee, 1 exception per year, and only 1 week.
2: the homeowner is pretty chill, he see's it as a starter/1st home and isnt terribly OCD I think last I had talked to him his goal was to have it paid off in 5-8 years at which time he'll look for a bigger/better house for just him/his future wife/gf and then he'll just keep the current house as a rent property.

I'm with Aku, I think I'd want to do it but I'm not sure I could keep myself from going crazy if people didnt treat my house the way I wanted it treated.
for the most part they are out of each others hair during the week.