Did get in most of the parts recently. Here are some pics.
Subs with the box:
Traffic tuner/ipod cable for headunit
Components for front/coaxes for the rear
Speaker brackets from crutchfield
Kenwood kac-9105d mono amp:
And a sneak peak of how it will look once installed:
All I'm waiting for now is the Proclip mount for my ipod classic and phone.
I've also compiled a list of issues for the installer. They're as follows:
- Bass knob for the amp. Didn't come with one, would like to install one. Need to find a location for it
- Steering wheel controls. Not sure if the included ACV adapter will work, but it is worth a shot.
- Mic location included with the headunit. Need to find a place to mount
- Routing for the amp power cable. I've read that there aren't any holes through the firewall. Need to drill.
- Amp mounting location. Back of seats?
- GPS antenna location. Where to mount.
- Mount the tweeters in the factory location
I also did mess around with the wires to make sure everything will be correct. The antenna adapter from ACV looks fine. The wiring harness from ACV looks fine. Even the steering wheel controls look fine. As far as I'm concerned the installers should have everything they need to pull off this install without any problem.s
One thing I'd like them to look at is some possibilities for the upper display. I'd really like to replace it with a Scangauage:
Of course mounting it in that little hole since it's probably not the right size would be a pain. But taht upper screen is going to annoy me since it's basically going to be useless.
I'm also getting a tint. Still torn between the legal 35% all around or if I want to go darker, around 20%. Either way the tint will be a necessity with this much money in the stereo.
Appointment with the installer is 1/19, they will do the install 1/20. So, a couple of more weeks.