Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 01:21 PM   #329
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by damianinpa View Post
I got my Focus in June, so, I wanted to get this update. I have had hesitation pulling out into traffic on occasion. So, I called the dealer and explained I tried to give him the TSB, but, he didn't want it. He said they will check for updates. I printed it and tried to show him, but, they still didn't want it..how frustrating. So, I waited for 2 hrs and the Tech manger said we applied an update to fix the hesitation and shifting. It was TSB 11-10-2! I can say the throttle is much more responsive and the RPM's hold higher..very noticable. I just hope this doesn't lower MPG's. I'll post back after a few tanks of gas. So far, I very much like the Update. Only negative is when car is at a full stop, I still feel idle is a little low. But, overall, throttle has come alive with this update.
Damian
Damianinpa, is your throttle response better because it operates at higher RPMs or is throttle response better generally?

I ask because my December build has pretty poor throttle response when fully warm. Wonder if they are continually tweaking the programming and went backwards on this part.

Thanks.