Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Yet another SPI knocking -- Will Fix It!
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 04:36 PM   #83
LugNut
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92146
What I Drive: 2001 White Sedan

Points 1,664, Level 23
Points: 1,664, Level: 23 Points: 1,664, Level: 23 Points: 1,664, Level: 23
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 LugNut Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Talking Woo hoo!

Short block is in!

As expected, lining up the trans was the challenge.

Fortunately got my load-leveler to work, via two rear head bolt holes and two bolt holes on the front/sides of the block. Would have been a nightmare without the leveler. Cardboard and duct tape on top of the block used to protect the cylinders and to keep any dirt out of the passages.

Block went in in reverse of the removal, as described previously. Many pictures coming -- was able to upload three as a test; the censor needs to approve them first before they go public. No other car sites I use does this; wonder why here. Is this site actually owned/run by Ford or some other fearful organization?

After lining up the block with the bellhousing, the final keys to getting them back together were to use four longer bolts (from the starter and the accessory bracket) to make sure all was straight, and to allow the block to slide back without forcing. Then to put the trans in gear, then use a large screwdriver to slightly turn the flywheel back and forth while also pushing the block/trans together. Hearing that pop of the input shaft going in is always very satisfying!

Also satisfying was putting away the cherrypicker and engine stand -- I should be done with them. The engine is once again supported by a heavyduty floor jack and a fairly soft, wide block of wood under the oil pan.

Still much to do, but definitely ... hopefully ... finally on the downhill slope of this huge project!

Fixed Up a white 2001 P-code SE Sedan
including rebuilding the SPI (see my threads)