Points: 7,553, Level: 58 Points: 7,553, Level: 58 Points: 7,553, Level: 58
Level Up 2% Completed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 herbz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2012 Stereo Build

Hey guys. So, when I decided to get the Focus, I was faced with 2 options. Get the upgraded audio or not. Being a brand new car to the US, I knew the aftermarket was going to be slim. But after visiting these forums and seeing the thousands of threads complaining about Sync and MFT, I decided to get the most stripped down radio possible and wait for the aftermarket audio scene to play itself out for this car.

Here is the car.

I ended up paying $20k for my SE 5spd w/ 201a, sport package, winter package, basically the most pumped up 5 speed you can get without Sync.

I've ordered the following stereo equipment. My thought is to have a car entertainment system that is better than what Ford can provide for the same/less money.

First order of business is the dash kit. European company called ACV deals with a company in Philly called Perzan audio. They ordered it and shipped it to me. It comes with the harness adapter and stalk adapter to retain steering wheel controls (this may or may not work - we'll see.) The harness adapter looks like it should work fine based on the photos I've seen so far. Also comes with an antenna adpater for the aftermarket stereo. Ran $350.

You'll see the hole where you can insert a hazard/door lock switch. This switch was $50

These two pieces of equipment totalled $400, but to me, it's well worth it. The kit is solid and retains the factory look really well. Looks way better than the cheap looking kit that Metra put out for the Fiesta.

So stupid looking..

Anyways. I ordered the following parts.

Pioneer x930bt - $760 with traffic tuner and ipod cable

Kicker DS6.2 components for the front. Not the greatest, but anything is better than stock. Love how there's the factory mounting spot available for the tweeters. - $100

Kicker DS60 coaxials for the rear - $70

Kicker CompVR 10" subs (2) - $140

Box for the subs - $100

Kenwood KAC 9105 mono amp - $170

The headunit I got is great. It has built in navi, with traffic tuner I'll get live traffic updates. For free. Plays ipod, video, dvd, microsd, cd, usb, anything you can think of. Streams audio over bluetooth. Make/receive calls from bluetooth seamlessly. If you have an iPhone (which I don't) it has a built in Pandora app. You can stream Netflix from your iphone/ipod on it. It really does do anything that MFT does, except better. The only thing it doesn't do is voice commands, but I think those are dumb either way.

Costs add up to approximately $1740 for everything. This is not including install which I estimate to be about $1k. So conservatively let's call everything $3000.

I paid $20k for the car. $23k for a car with all that stuff, to me, is a great price. I'm hoping everything goes great with the install. I will keep this thread updated from now on.