Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Remote Start and "Open Door Shut Off"
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 04:59 PM   #33
Rat Fink
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92487
What I Drive: Ford, and vintage Dodge

FF Reputation: 6 Rat Fink Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by astonius View Post
Having issues changing the settings. I can get into programming mode without issue, and I can change banks and options, no problem. The issue comes when trying to change a setting. The LED on the fob doesn't show anything, and when I press the button on the fob to change the setting nothing happens. No LED change, no horn honk, nothing. If I press and hold the button the factory reset initiates (as indicated by the four honks), but it doesn't respond to a press and release at all. This is on a 2012 Focus Titanium with Intelligent Access. Any ideas?
The LED to watch is underneath the dash, and part of the remote start wiring harness (not the fob). It should be within a foot of the remote start module. Look under your dash. If you can't directly see the LED, then look for the red glow from it. When you are in one of the programming options, it will turn on or off with a single push of the remote start button.