Timmeh!
aka The Wizard

Fan#: 27514
What I Drive: '91 Miata, '82 Benz 300TD

FF Reputation: 9 Timmeh! Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by klodkrawler05 View Post
Yea new alt seems easiest......also somewhat confused how leaving in ACC is easier than making 1 more quarter turn to put it in off mode?

granted he shouldnt be dying that quickly anyways lol! my jetta battery is finally getting weak but every time I work on that car I usually have it in ACC and run the radio the whole time I'm working on her. never had a problem doing that until recently when it was too dead to start.
wanted to leave the phone and bluetooth paired cause i'm lazy... attenuated the radio to not waste power bumping the trunk...

exactly... according to the lady i bought it from the battery was new as of this january... battery shouldn't go bad in a year.

also better alternator and better wiring just means better charged battery all the days. plus i can get one with a slightly smaller pulley (but only 80A) so that i get better charge at idle (a known issue on these old MB diesels) it's like $130 for the 120A alternator versus my little 65A unit... and with plans to upgrade wilhelm's lights to 80W/100W.... (i MIGHT do 55W/100W, but the extra 25W sounds real nice on the low beams)

i'm thinking i should nip the problem in the bud instead of dicking around... for now (aka until i find a new job and get paid and all that) i'll put him on the trickle charger like once a week (just to be sure) but otherwise he should be ok as-is for a little longer.

tune in next week for more ADVENTURES IN OWNING A VINTAGE DIESEL!
Originally Posted by beat3rfocus View Post
Catia is a dirty tramp, until you figure out its sweet spots, and how to make it moan. Then its easy as apple pie on a fall afternoon.