View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 12:36 PM   #31
gearhed67
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92936
What I Drive: 2012 black s

FF Reputation: 1 gearhed67 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I definately agree with you naomi about tsb's being VIN specific and I am definately not saying that this is the issue with my car or anyone elses. I just get tired of taking my vehicles to the ford dealer service departments (and I have been to a few to include this focus for other issues) and to be told "I see the sympton but we dont know whats wrong with it." Anyway here is the TSB info: this tsb does apply to other vehicles but this is FocusFanatics so

TSB #10-21-6

DTC P2111 OR P2112, OR LOWER THAN DESIRED ENGINE IDLE SPEED, ENGINE IDLE SPEED FLUCTUATES WITH OR WITHOUT DTC'S.

2010-2011 focus

ISSUE
2.0L may exhibit diagnostic trouble codes P2111, P2112, or the idle speed drops lower than desired and or fluctuates. The idle speed concern can be intermisttent and DTC's P2111, P2112 may or may not be present.

Applies to 2.0L engine with build dates from 2/11/2010 to 8/2/2010

SERVICE PROCEDURE

If vehicle exhibits any of the following symptoms, replace the throttle body

DTC P2111 and or P2112

Idle speed lower than desired

Idle speed fluctuates

I hope this helps somebody. I am going to try to find some time to get my car to the dealer but the bad thing is its intermittent and they may need to keep it for a few days. But once I do I will post the results from the visit.

Oh Flewse thanks for the tip thats a pretty cool feature. Unfortunately I have a base model and I dont have any buttons. According to the window build sheet I have a standard epuiped "options"