Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus - Rough Idle
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 11:27 AM   #30
Flewse
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92677
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Focus SEL

Points 25, Level 1
Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1
Level Up 49% Completed
Level up: 49% Level up: 49% Level up: 49%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Flewse Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Test menu!! Very interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhed67 View Post
I bought a '12 focus s 5 speed a few months ago and have the same issues. Bogs down on take off unless you slip the clutch more than I like. It definately scared me the first time I tried to hop into traffic. The other thing is the rough idle. Yes with the normal idle its a little rough but certainly not a concern but occasionally I get a drop in idle to about 350 rpm, not "normal". I did a little research on this and on the 2011 models there is a technical service bulletin for this exact sympton. I forgot to grab the printout I had of it with the tsb # but it listed the rough/low idle present with or without DTC's. The repair was to replace the throttle body. I dont know if this is the same exact problem but the tsb only applies to 2011 models. I have 10,000 miles on mine but I have yet to take it back to the dealer about this. If anyone has access to alldata or something you could post the tsb info. If not I will try to grab it tomorrow.

When you first start the car. Depress and hold the Ok button on the left side of the steering wheel. Test will appear in your dash . Scroll through it and you will see quite a few interesting items including the exact rpms (not just a sweeping hand) I would suggest a fluctuation of upto 75 rpms on a warm engine is acceptable on a direct injection engine.