FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaeHanL View Post
when my car is idle, it shakes and the idle doesn't feel smooth/consistent. I have an MTX. I also notice that the throttle is a bit delayed, and I basically have to give it a punch to get it to respond when starting from a complete stop. I think I just miss cables....
Hey DaeHanL,

That shake seems to be a concern for you. Have you taken the Focus to the local Ford dealer for diagnoses and repair? If not, I highly suggest that first step. If the issue persists and continues to be a concern for you, PM your VIN, mileage, history of issue, your contact information as well as dealer name and location and I will assist you further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmustang View Post
I have a 2008 SE with about 147K miles and I've had rough idle that comes and goes but seems to be around more often lately. I'm used to it now, I've tried replacing spark plugs, grounding the throttle body(which actually helped with better pedal response) and cleaning the MAF(which also helped for a little while). Does anyone know how long a MAF lasts or if the MAf is responsible for the rough idle.
Hi Dmustang,

If the MAF is responsible for rough idle, your dealer will be able to review that issue. Take it to the dealer for a solution. If after the visit the issue persists, PM the VIN, mileage, your contact info and dealer info, so that I can further assist you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhed67 View Post
I bought a '12 focus s 5 speed a few months ago and have the same issues. Bogs down on take off unless you slip the clutch more than I like. It definately scared me the first time I tried to hop into traffic. The other thing is the rough idle. Yes with the normal idle its a little rough but certainly not a concern but occasionally I get a drop in idle to about 350 rpm, not "normal". I did a little research on this and on the 2011 models there is a technical service bulletin for this exact sympton. I forgot to grab the printout I had of it with the tsb # but it listed the rough/low idle present with or without DTC's. The repair was to replace the throttle body. I dont know if this is the same exact problem but the tsb only applies to 2011 models. .
Hi Gearhead67,

TSBs are VIN-specific, and are performed when certain symptoms are exhibited. Keep in mind that even though some vehicles may appear to have the same issue, the cause may be different. This is why I suggest visiting the local Ford dealership for accurate diagnoses of your Focus. Keep me posted on the results. You can also PM the VIN, mileage, description of issue, your contact info and the dealer info.

Happy Holidays!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Last edited by FordService; 12-21-2011 at 11:01 AM.