Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Should a Focus Wagon be sold in US?
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 08:39 AM   #91
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by st falcon View Post
Well, if you arent at cobo (can you believe that place is still in operation??) I will be, and I'll try to get some pics that wont show up in the rags...
Good point on the residuals, but I think we might see that problem fade as anything with a "hatch" will no longer have to mean SUV, thanks to the Focus! I mean, I don't think a lot of people know the diff between a car hatch and an SUV tailgate anyway, so maybe we can call wagons an "Earth Friendly-er SUV" and out some people into a wagon, just so they get to see that actually driving is more fun than looking "successful" in their mini-SUV...Escapes, gotta love em..lol, 9.5% more cargo room than a focus 5 door, 90.5% less capability than a vehicle called SUV should have...
I work in Downtown Detroit about a 1/2 mile from old Cobo (and always go to the show). The auto show told them a couple years ago they need to upgrade the facilities or they will pull the show out of Detroit. There are renovations going on as we speak but I don't recall any of the details.

I was cracking up at your Escape comments...aren't you aware that SUV's are super-cool and make you super-cool because you drive one.

I would like to see a Focus Wagon but bball40dtw makes a pretty compelling argument of why we probably will not see it.