Old 12-20-2011, 01:53 PM   #1
Elliotgofast
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92935
What I Drive: 2005 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Elliotgofast Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2005 MAF Flow limit

I'm working on a 2005 Focus that has a prototype supercharger system. I'm using an SCT pro racer package. The engineering customer wanted a less restrictive MAF system to reduce the pressure drop in front of the supercharger. The new MAF housing is 3in. Obviously this completely changed the MAF curve and basically moved the entire curve up. At 3000rpm and higher and above about 3volts on the MAF, it forces it into open loop and pegs the wide band meter full rich till it misfires rich. This is at highway cruising speed. This equates to about 30-35 lb/min of flow. Is there a MAF limit on this ECU software package? Similar to 2003/2004 Cobra that is limited to about 64 lb/min and hard coded in the software..

Do I have to rescale the entire ECU for more range? It is quite a head scratcher because if I'm in boost, I go open loop and my fueling is ok. If I'm below 55mph, everything is fine and my adaptives are in good shape. Anybody else's experiences with this would be appreciated and if there are any other work arounds besides rescaling the ECU.