Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Should a Focus Wagon be sold in US?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 02:44 AM   #68
jade408
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91998
What I Drive: Focus HB Titanium, Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 1 jade408 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by st falcon View Post
EXACTLY...this would definitely have been what we bought! My wife wanted a hatch, as she is always getting sales samples and literature out of the back for her clients...With the wagon, we could have had room for her materials AND room for groceries on the weekend...C'mon ford!

Ford also projected that 70% of Focus' would be sedans...I dont know the numbers, but I seem to see alot more hatchs on the road, and now on dealer lots...
I thought I saw a stat somewhere. I think the Fiesta sales were 60% hatchback, and the Focus was 45% hatchback. AKA way more popular than expected.

Would have bought the wagon in a heartbeat, as long as it had a cargo cover. My hatch is about half of the size of my Elantra GT hatchback, and I find myself running out of space quickly. The wagon would have been perfect.

I think they would sell very well in man parts of the US. In my neighborhood, about 40% of cars are hatchbacks. There are tons of Golfs, A4s, Mazda3 Hatches and Fits on the road. Of course lots of Priuses. And lots of Subarus mixed in.) There are plenty of small SUVs as well, but the hatchback cars are more popular.

I think the Ford Flexes are most popular in California. I loved it right off the bat when I saw one at a car show (not for my life stage) so I think Ford could definitely do a small run for California, and watch them take off like wildfire.