Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - DST Stalling the Car. Anyone Else Having a Problem?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 03:07 PM   #18
Joey D
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86391
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Titanium 5-Dr

FF Reputation: 2 Joey D Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I spoke with the service manager again. He assured me that it's normal operations for the car to stall under heavy braking and be really jerky in stop and go traffic. He's supposed to call Ford and let me know Monday, if he doesn't then I'm calling the customer support line. Apparently if you call the service line without discussing it with the dealer they can't do anything for you. So I want to make sure I've followed all the steps.

I took a co-worker for a ride yesterday to get lunch and I had never mentioned my car issues to him. We got caught in traffic and I had to progress slowly till we cleared the accident. The car jerked and bucked the entire time and my co-worker asked me if the car was supposed to do that. At least I'm not imagining things with the way the car is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradl1982 View Post
Mine has done the same thing. I didn't worry about it just started it back up.
Why wouldn't you worry about it? A brand new car stalling is something you should be worried about.