Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - EchoMaster DRL Kit up for preorder
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 02:43 PM   #10
EchoMaster
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87599
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 EchoMaster Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The Focus DRL product installation instructions was written for Ford Focus vehicles in Mexico, Canada, Europe and USA. Canada and Europe require daytime running lights and our instructions allows proper function for all markets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theos2 View Post
After giving it some more thought, my guess is that the parking light wire is cut to disengage the OEM parking light, and the signal on the driver's side is used to trigger low/high intensity on the new LED drl lights. If this step is skipped, I believe the DRLs will remain in either the low/high intensity(if the no signal case is high intensity, they may now not be "street legal", and if the no signal case is low intensity, they will not be as bright when the headlights are not on), but you would gain the ability to reverse the install if needed.

I don't believe it actually draws any power from this wire on the driver's side, but it is rather used as a sensor of what the OEM setting is. I wonder if it is possible to tap into that signal without actually cutting the wire.