Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Teh Official Mid-Atlantic Boredom Thread!!11!!
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 10:44 AM   #54426
SquirrelZX3
your killing my fun

Fan#: 34544
What I Drive: 1995 shitbox neon red

FF Reputation: 18 SquirrelZX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipster17 View Post
Anyone in the lower PA/ MD region have a garage and some expertise to loan out in the next few weeks? I know it's the holidays and all, but as such - things haven't been too cheerful around here lately.

Lorna and I just got a notice yesterday that our request for an extension on the emissions testing deadline has been denied and that the registration on the Jetta will be revoked if we don't A) get it tested before Jan 6th or B) Prove that it cannot be tested by producing a bill of at least $400 to show we are working on the issue.

Chaz and I have already sourced all the parts we need to replace the cylinder head - we just need a place to do the days worth of work and someone with (more) engine experience than the two of us to supervise and smack us if we do something horribly wrong, lol.

If compensation of some sort is requested; we'll see what we can do. No matter how we roll it, friends willing to help and a day of doing the work yourself is about the only option we have at the moment when most shop estimates have been $1500-2000 for the labor alone. :(
i have shop access at the school but the only up coming open shop day is this saturday. in exton, pa